One of my goals this season is to be more involved in my skin care routine. Having a healthy skincare routine is great for the mind and body. I love going to bed at night with the feeling of a refreshed face. Below I am going to share what I use at night and also share some tips along the way. Let’s get into clean skin!
Starting with cleaning my skin and removing makeup I like to use my Makeup Eraser cloth. This is not pictured but it works wonders for removing all makeup (even mascara and waterproof!). After, to ensure full cleanliness I use my Simple Micellar Cleansing Water. It is super gentle on the skin and is great for sensitive skin girls (thats me!).
Once my skin is cleansed I will use a face mask. I love to use the Oz Naturals Amino Herbal Hydrating Mask. I received this in an Ipsy bag and have been loving it since. You only has to keep it on for ~ 10 minutes and rinse it off. This part is so relaxing because I can sit and read a magazine or even some blogs (would you like to hear about the blogs I have been loving?). Once it has been on for the suggested time I rinse it off and end with moisturizers.
I start off with my all over face moisturizer from Clean & Clear (super inexpensive!). I follow that with a eye cream from Benefit. This one in particular helps with dark circles (which i struggle with). This final step to my skincare routine is to moisturize the rest of my body (it’s just as important!). I like to use a DIY body butter I made. If you want to know how to make it click here. It is super inexpensive and better than any other lotion or butter I have tried before. I like to focus it on my elbows, legs, and hands.
Now that we are done with my routine, I want to share some of my favorite tips:
- think about all the germs on your everyday uses – pillow, phone, etc. (clean your phone screen with a makeup wipe every night) (wash your pillow cases every week)
- sleep with your head elevated – this keeps from puffy skin in the morning (2 pillows)
- allow time for your creams and such to soak in before hopping right into bed – you don’t want them to just wipe off onto your pillow
- in the winter skin tends to dry out – try sleeping with a humidifier to keep hydrated skin
- beauty sleep is a real thing – make sure you get your share a zzz’s or your skin will pay the price